Friday, February 13, 2009

Raspberry Lovelies......



I love "Zingers". Those raspberry/coconut coated Twinkies. These bars are better than those lovely little cakes in the wrapper.
Shortbread-
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. chilled butter
2 eggs
1 T. milk
1/2 c. raspberry jam
Cut butter into flour/ powder mix til coarse crumbs form.
Add in one egg at a time. Add milk stir til soft dough forms. Make sure to press the dough to the edge so the jam does not seep behind it.
Spread in buttered 8x8 pan.
Top with raspberry jam, spreading evenly.
Toppping-
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. schredded coconut
Mix sugar and butter together. Add in coconut. Mix very well. Spread on top of jam.
Bake in 350* for 30 minutes til coconut is lightly browned.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very good! Will have to try that one too! You must love to bake! And glad Bren is starting to feel better. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. I'm sure she misses Tucker. Have a great day!

grammy said...

That looks yummy. I wish our church had a valentines dinner like that. Out problem is...our anniversary is on the 16th...so will we fit in two celebrations. It is probably up to me to decide (o: Now how about survivor? I am usually on the side of the older people...but she was just a tad bit goofy. She managed to stay. That girl that got voted off was sweet I thought. Sweet gets you no where on that show. lol

Pat MacKenzie said...

Do you have M&M Food stores down there? We do here in Canada and my favorite thing from them is their coconut raspberry squares. This recipe looks exactly like what they must use. They are to die for! I have printed your recipe and intend to make them first chance I get. Thank you so much.

Mum-me said...

I have this recipe, except for the topping it calls for quick-cook oats instead of coconut.

I think it would taste better with the coconut!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Everything tastes better with coconut!

Dana said...

Yummy !!! Im making your cupcakes you posted on a few weeks ago:)

Anonymous said...

Where's mine??

Dana said...

The cupcakes were delicious, my idea to top them with homemade cream cheese frosting was a bad one, too much cream cheese. Im going to make some more tomorrow and use the chocolate:) I love german chocolate cake!!!