Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dumb Dumb Dumb......

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb me!
Yesterday being there was no work for me AGAIN this week I went to the big city to hang out-drag along- my mom to do returns, have some fun, and some more shopping for the upcoming wedding.
I ended up taking "Rose", Tessa's car, as the suburban is full to the roof with Maria's possessions as we move her one.car.load.at.a.time. The delivery van aka The Mobile Shop is otherwise occupied in WY.
Now just last week Rose and I had a lil trip to the big city as I took her in to get all pretty with tinted windows. I also filled her trunk, backseat, and passenger seat to the max with stuff for the wedding.
So yesterday upon our way we were toodling along on the busy interstate when she just shuts off. No warning. No spitting. No sputtering. No go...period! All lights a flashing. So I did what any sane person would do...I freaked out!
Its owner was very difficult to get ahold of in WY where there is very very sketchy cell tower. Finally after numerous calls to Tessa, Daryl, and Zach I get someone to answer. Mr. Motorhead-Zach- couldnt give me a reason for the madness over the phone. But then in the background Tessa says "Oh by the way......". Seems Rose has an attitude and needs a full tank of gas at.all.times. She is quite temperamental if on a fourth of a tank!!!! Ugh.
So while stranded along the scary flying by interstate I realized I was near my cousin's farm. Her gracious husband brought some gas so I could make it to the next exit where the hunger pains of Rose were fed.Then away we went again.
I left her stranded when reaching the big city as we went on our way.
Then upon my way home I made one last stop. When I came out of the store I realized that the lights were on and I hadnt turned them on- intentionally anyway! I dreaded getting in as I feared she wouldnt start! But she did and I made it home without any more mishaps.
There are always lessons to be learned from any situation. I learned to drive my own vehicle as I know the limit of its 40 gallon tank that can go 60 miles when reaching E (I know I shouldnt know this! yikes). I also learned that putting on Rose's blinker has a tendency to turn on the lights...who would of thunk that?
Today I am replacing those annoying tie-dyed fuzzy dice with a large yellow caution sign about keeping that temperamental car with a FULL tank of gas ALWAYS so any unaware future drivers may be saved from the embarrassment of being dumb dumb dumb by running out of gas!!

6 comments:

Dana said...

So Rose is a little piggy huh? Thats funny:) Glad you made it home. When is her wedding?

DayPhoto said...

Car issues are just so alarming. When I tell DH something is wrong, he gets into the car, nothing happens. He just has to sit in it for it to function properly.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Michele said...

No wonder you want to write a letter to that car. I think it should be more of a memo of warning. Don't pull that stuff again or it the junk yard for you!

Steph said...

Every car has character! Glad it was something you could get figured out - with family in the area.

so what exactly does a rotation cloud look like? scary story though...

we should have breakfast at central one of these mornings?

Mum-me said...

Well that must be very annoying to have to keep the tank full all the time. I know our van can do at least 3 trips into town and back when the petrol warning light is on.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Sounds like Rose needs to be retired. Glad you made it home safely.