We are going to be busy with the food prep this week. With several willing helpers. Thankfully!! (I am rethinking this whole "make the food ourselves" thing. REALLY rethinking that one!! But....I decided I must really like stress???)
As I am going to be super busy I am asking for help with my blog this week.
I am asking all of you, awesome peoples, to share a wedding memory. Or for those not married.....your dream wedding.
Good memories. Bad memories. Beautiful memories. Not so beautiful memories.
Share one...or more.
I am asking for wedding memories as I think thats all my mind will be able to comprehend this week!!! lol
Anxious to be entertained by you all when I am able to find a few moments to relax!!!
Adding to Daryl and the kids' list......."keep mom sane by assisting her on getting her bloggy fix"!
So bring it on......
9 comments:
Here's some of my wedding memories -
http://ouraussiehalf-dozen.blogspot.com/2009/04/17-years.html
GOOD LUCK!! Hope it all goes beautifully!
Did you happen to see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
Talk about a wedding memory. LOL!
Our wedding was 34 years ago and things were so different then. We got married 3 months after we were engaged and had plenty of time. My aunt made my dress. We had 1 person stand up for me and 1 for him. The church ladies aid made the lunch, people sat on folding chairs with no tables at the reception and so on. But by the time my girls got married I offered them money to go elope but had no takers. But I'm glad they did not, weddings are great even though they can be a tad stressful.
Good Luck. I know you will make it through the week.
Not looking so good for us being there but still hoping.
I had the most simple wedding possible I think. I wore my sisters wedding dress, hubby wore a jacket he already had. It was in our little church. I don't think anyone payed for anything then...the reception was in the church basement and the 'ladies put that together. I carried one red rose and the 2 brides maids carried a red carnation. They wore red gingham long dress they had made themselves. Our best friend from college ( a Christian college) was a preacher...so he married us. Wish it could be that simple and cheap 35 years later (o: My kids say we were hippies and I say they have no idea what a real 'hippie' was. But yes we were from that era (o:
Our reception was a two part extravaganza: tame little dinner and then full on paaarrrrrttttaaaayyyy. In between the two, husband and I were changing clothes. I asked KB to be in charge of a place to change. Turns out (and why this is a surprise, I have no clue) his idea of a place to change and mine were different.
I changed out of my wedding dress in a rest station off I-35.
Fortunately, it had been recently cleaned.
It's funny now.
cant wait to see more pictures
We see a few weddings and you would think I could think of some stories....but no!
Bert and I are just about to our fifth anniversary. We got married Dec. 31, and were planning on it being at little bit cold....thus the ice sculpture things in front of church. (I have pictures of you guys helping with them:) It turned out that it was in the upper 70's and the ice was melting faster than anyone could 'mop up' the trays. It sounded like it was raining durring the ceremony.
Good times, good times.
All the best to Maria and James. Wish we could be there! (Oh and thrill the photographer and offer him/her some food! :)
We had a double wedding. Don't do that. They did not try very hard to pay there share.At the last minute Corky said forget it we are going to Vegas. I said no we already sent the invites.We never got wedding pics. Had to use pics people took with there camera.Several years later the girl said oh did you want pics. Barely could see the proofs by then.
I arrived at our wedding ceremony in a helicopter - but I remember it was such a beautiful day I really wanted to go for a much longer flight - sadly I was already half an hour late!
Post a Comment