So just maybe we are on the right track in figuring out what is causing Tessa's pain. It took jumping through some hoops but hopefully just maybe we know what we are dealing with here. Maybe??
After the last round of antibiotics in October she had some unusual happenings going on. Like a hot swollen painful leg. Doc sent her right off to get an ultrasound. No blood clot. But no explanation of whats causing it either.
Then her hands swelled up and had pains shooting up the arm. Dr. Arrogance was very flippant with us. I left the clinic extremely frustrated. Scared of the unknown.
See this doc is determined that she has a bacterial infection lurking around in her lymph nodes that could potentially be fatal. So yes I am scared...witless like my SIL observed.
One day he is soo concerned about the amount of her rapid blood loss. Next time you ask him about it he just shrugs his shoulders like we dreamt it up. Huh? You are the person that told us and scared us and now you cant explain yourself? Frustrating!
One day he is concerned about how her blood work doesnt look good. The next time he is just plain arrogant when we inquire about any changes in it. Frustrating!
First you make a big deal of it and scare us then you are flippant and arrogant and rude about inquiring??? FRUSTRATING!!!
Since day one we have asked, begged, and nicely suggested to be referred to a specialist with this rare infection. This doc is certain he has it all under control. I, the mom, just needs to give it more time.
Time had ran out as far as I was concerned. My patience with his arrogance ran out the first time it was displayed to us.
So I made some phone calls trying to get an appointment without a referral. What frustration that ended up being! I was even told by one nurse that I had "threatened" her by begging her to help us get Tessa seen. Thats when the tears started falling. After the nurse no longer felt threatened (?) she suggested Tessa go to the ER to get a referral to a specialist.
So thats what we did as the pain was back and knowing we were not going to take Dr. Arrogance's arrogance anymore. We need a more professional answer to all our questions after dealing with him waaay tooo looong already.
The ER doc sent us to a Pediatric surgeon as she wanted the appendix to be ruled out as the cause of all the pain. That nice doc ruled it out completely and recommended a gynecologist.
The kind gyno says its endometriosis.
At the end of our little challenge here we think that we may have an explanation for all thats been going on with Tessa the past three months. This doc is very certain that she does not have a bacterial infection lurking around in her body like we had been scared out of our wits to believe. He also said this is not as rare as we were lead to believe either.
The ER, Ped, and "girl" doctors all three said the same thing. It was an "injustice" to have subjected young Tessa to all the antibiotics as this mesenteric stuff is always viral.
More opinions. Tho I feel we have been dealing with intelligence versus arrogance.
Without doing surgery the gyno cant make a 100% diagnosis that we are for sure dealing with endometriosis but she is very certain that is what Tessa is suffering with.
Just maybe....three months into it all.....we are finally on the road to help for our girl!
In case you may have been wondering where I've been lately...now maybe you have a lil bit more understanding!! Maybe! If you are as confused as I am...then maybe not!!
After the gyno told us twice with certainty she is sure that Tessa doesnt have a lurking potentially bacterial infection in her body I feel like a 100 pound weight has dropped off my shoulders! I am saddened about the diagnosis of what doc is certain it is and all that Tessa has ahead of her dealing with this. But hoping that we finally know what this is. And can get the ball rolling on getting it slowed down so the pain will go away.
Dealing with too many unknowns (or arrogance)is not fun. And there is no maybe about that!
7 comments:
I hope this doc is right. No one should be in the pain that poor girl has gone through.
Here's some info on endometriosis; http://women.webmd.com/endometriosis/endometriosis-symptoms
I am so glad to read that you've finally got a better idea of the problem with Tessa. Endometriosis is no fun at all. Hope she can get some treatment for it.
Oh man... I am so sorry you all (especially Tessa) have to go thru this. So glad you at least got another opinion. This is a silly question, but can't they tell if there is an infection in the body with a blood test?
Keep holding on and praying. Keep us informed.
The poor girl, give her a hug for us.
Some doctors are just too full of themselves to be any good to their patients. Glad you ditched him and found someone who will help Tessa deal with her pain properly. Hang in there.
way to stick to your guns kath - i hope you guys get this settled quickly!
I am so pleased it´s not that infection, although it´s a shame she´s had to go through so much. Praying for your girl. Are you going to go through with the surgery?
Post a Comment