I seen a variation of these scrumptiousness over at Kayotic Kitchen. They looked way too tempting to put off making Twiced Baked Potatoes for my family.
See I have made hundreds and hundreds of Twice Baked Potatoes in the day but til tonight I had never eaten one.
At my job before we married I worked with a chef in the big city at a nice restaurant/banquet center. I was taught to pipe the cheesy potato mixture in the potato shell to look pretty and all. Then chef sprinkled on paprika before baking.
Working at the restaurant with Chef was my favorite job. I learned alot there. So wish I could work with him today when I have some experience under my belt. The thing I use most today of what I learnt from Chef is how to use a chef knife. All these years I wouldnt of known how to correctly use a chef knife...well until Pioneer Woman anyways!
My job was to ready food for any banquets. Make salads and set up the salad bar. During the lunch hour I had to prepare the cold sandwiches.
The best part of my job was to make all the fancy banquet food. All the fancy meat/cheese trays. Veggie trays were not so easy to make fancy so we made a kale centerpiece to add flair. Other than we cut the radishes into rose buds!! Each bowl of salad had to have decor too. Some the chef would show me, some I came up with. Always amazed me the amount of food wasted to make something look "pretty". The food itself already looked appealing in the manner it was folded and laid out on the tray.
I loved "playing" with food!!
I quit that job a week before our wedding. It wasnt the highest paid job as I was the assistant to the gal that worked there for years. Not the best pay and a long drive just didnt add up no matter how I figured it.
About six months afterwards I got a call begging me to come back to work there. They had fired the gal I assisted and they really wanted me back. The pay had went up a little but the miles stayed the same so I declined.
Over the years I wished I had had more time to work with the Chef...especially without the troublemaker around. There would have been more learning and alot less arguing.
Check out Kayotic"s blog for all the baking and scooping instructions of the potatoes!
My beef mixture-
1 lb . ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
garlic powder
chili powder
1 can green chiles
Brown beef. Add rest ingredients. Mix well.
Potato mixture-
Potato fillings
butter
milk
white pepper
white cheddar cheese
parsley
Beat well.
Fill potato shells with beef mixture. Top with potato mixture to make sure all beef is covered. Top with a bit of cheese. Bake til golden on top.
Enjoy!!!
10 comments:
They do sound yummy. The young gals (like my daughter in law) that love to cook are so lucky. They have the internet and tons of cooking shows to learn with. I cooked the same boring things over and over (o: maybe I still do. Funny how you can get in such a rut.
No WONDER you love to cook! What a cool little thing to know about you!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
I dont think I have ever had a twice baked potato other than the nasty one I bought in the frozen food section. Sounds good, looks good!!!
I dislike having to cook food twice, but if someone made these for me I wouldn't refuse!
I have to try those, yuuuuummmm! It is perfect day for it too!
Oh, it's wonderful you love to cook. Perhaps a cookbook from you one day? The beef potatoes sound like our kind of dinner and I'm going to give the recipe to Mountain Man. Yummy!
P.S. - you are the winner of a secret blog giveaway on my blog. Email me for further details at redpinemountainatgmaildotcom when you have time.
My honey just went through Wyoming coming east and he had to hang up onme because the roads were so bad, he said it was 15 below zero. i cant imagine how painful that must feel. This is my fourth winter here and the coldest I have experienced.
They look (& sound) delicious! What a great job for a young girl - certainly lots of skills you could use throughout life!
I wish I could use a chef knife properly - sure would save time!
Renata :)
I think that working with a chef would be one of my dream jobs. Those potatoes look yummy!
oh, put those on ice and send them to me to pop into the oven, would ya?
YUM!
Post a Comment