We had an ice storm yesterday. It helped clear out all the dense fog we had been having. The fog that was so thick you could almost chew on it.
We had some beautiful weather 30* weather... we just couldn't see it. But it felt great not having your nostrils freeze shut when you took one step out the door.
So the kids had another "snow day" yesterday. Late start today. And the weatherman predicts more fun stuff for Friday-Sunday.
Looks like graduation may now be pushed back a week to complete the lost school days. Why South Dakota schools only "build in" three snow days a year is beyond me anyways. Pushing back graduation doesnt bother me. It actually gives me extra time to get prepared for it. And the girl is a "school kid" for a week longer!!
Well onto my changed plans. I was planning on sleeping in today as there was a late start and I did not have to be at the computer working at 6am. It sounded blissful after being very very busy with trucking stuffs since the first of the year. Daryl has not been home but for a few hours in the past three weeks. He has been a busy guy and I have been about as busy finding loads!
Yesterday I booked a load from Salt Lake City, UT to Rochester, MN to deliver on Monday. Perfect as that is where we will be next week. Now the truck gets to come along on our week at Mayo Clinic and sit somewhere. But it should be sitting in a shop getting something or another done to it or so I am told.
So back to sleeping in this morning. I was woken up at 6am. Tossed and turned a bit. Heard thumps and bumps so figured it was Tubby,the dog, on the deck. So much for sleeping in, huh? Figured I should of had a talk with the dog about sleeping in too. Then a car that was stuck started roaring its engine in attempt to get it out of its hole. I heard doors slamming. Thumps and bumps. And the car roaring nonstop!
I turned the tv on to drown out the noise and tried to fall back asleep. The thought ran across my mind that maybe I should get up and see if someone was taking off with Clark's car. After driving it on Saturday I figured that was not the case!! Eventually I went downstairs to "sleep in" on the couch away from the noise.
Of course just as I fall back asleep is when the alarm goes off. I was not the happiest person in the house this morning to say the least! Oh well. School kids were glad to heading back to a day out of the house. They have seen a bit too much of it they say.
While making pancakes I see someone pull up behind our suburban. With a shovel. While the pancakes are almost burning we investigate the man with a shovel. Not being able to figure out what he was doing I called out to him.
In answer I got a glare. He dug a log chain out of the ice covered snow where he had been stuck off to the side of our driveway.
This is the not so friendly man that delivers the free newspaper that we NEVER read. But if the dog gets to it before we do he enjoys it thoroughly.
This not so nice man was stuck on our lawn for two hours roaring his engine which I thought was across the street. He was on our deck for whatever reason which I thought was the dog.
I guess maybe I did sleep in. My brain sure did not wake up til the alarm clock went off!
PS. All that and he didnt even leave a newspaper for Tubster!
5 comments:
I'm sorry you didn't get your sleep-in, but I couldn't help but laugh at that last line about the newspaper man not leaving a paper for the dog!
Oh, and this bit made me laugh too ..."The fog that was so thick you could almost chew on it." Classic!
sorry (o:
When you said that about a car revving it's engine...
I thought I would probably get up and dress in case they came to the door. Maybe he actually knocked on the door instead of just a thump
that would be the answer to not so friendly (o:
you never know
Geze some people. I suppose he was upset because he was stuck, but still.....
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Somehow I've missed your last three posts. So sorry about Tessa but trust that you'll do what's best for her. I would never have guessed that the weather is SD is so much worse than what we have here in Northern Alberta. Sure makes for a long winter. Luckily funny things halppen to lighten the mood. Hang in there gang.
Well, I'll start out with saying I LOVE your header picture. I'm so sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with that man. I know if Mountain Man were there, he'd go tell him a thing or two but I'd be too chicken.
Here, in the Ozarks, they were out of school an entire week with the cold weather. I guess they must hav been glad to get back to their routine.
Hang in there, enjoy the pancakes and hopefully get some rest.
Post a Comment