Today the kids returned to school.
Aaaaaw .....the silence!
The quiet came after lots of hustle and shuffle trying to get back into a routine again.
Packing the gluten-free lunch.
Making breakfast for the brainies.
Having to catch the bus with icy road conditions.
Grabbing music for vocal lessons.
Remembering to bring trumpet back to school even tho it was unused as we didnt make it to the Christmas Church program on account of road conditions.
Basketball equipment too.
One child has tired and sore muscles from days of working construction with a big bro.
Another one has pain after a sneeze on Christmas Eve and very much looking forward to her fast approaching visit at Mayo Clinic.
The basketball playing child is looking forward to "entertaining" his classmates with his nonstop annoying habits which humor is lost on his very annoyed family members.
The Senior of the group (Not me...I'm not that old!!haha) is looking forward to getting started on her last semester of high school!!
Mom of basketball kid is not looking forward to ending the "kid school years" with her last child finishing up middle school this semester! As far as she is concerned BB boy can stay in middle school a couple more years. As can the other two stay right where they are at too!
Well I am off to enjoy a day of quiet. Catching up on lots of office work which has been neglected for a couple weeks.
Quiet? Can I please put the ever ringing phone on silence?
According to the weather man our routine and quiet may be in jeapordy soon. I will enjoy it while it lasts between snow days and the phone not ringing!
Have a great day in the new 2010!!
5 comments:
You have a ton of snow! I would NOT like to drive in that! No siree.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Holy cow that is a lot of snow. Tell Tessa to take it easy. You don't want her to relapse. Now, go have a quiet day. Too jealous here.
Let the phone ring! They can always leave a message. Your sis called and left message that you are not getting my e-mails. Is your address still hudsonfurn???? E-mail me and we will see what happens. Enjoy the quiet which is probably almost over by now!!!
it was nice to catch up on your family
sounds so busy...
I remember those days
I have only three kids so it must have been half as hectic (o:
but still... it was not so long ago that I don't remember the joy of the return to school.
My Granddaughters don't start until Thursday, so I took all four to McDonalds today. Thank heaven for the play land (o:
That is such a beautiful picture!
I hope you all enjoy this semester at school. Sounds like there was a tone of stuff to take that first day! Hope you are well & keep on top of that phone!
Renata :)
Post a Comment