Where one of them will continue to do so til the building is completed.
Where another one of them spends a few evenings after school watching lil ones.
Another of the three will spend working after school too trying to help them reach the deadline on our small town's new community center.
Also this is for Stephanie so she can see the changes in her old stomping grounds.
This is where construction workers worked in the frigid temps we had.
Where lil kids have not been able to enjoy the snow.
Where one kid learned firsthand how knee-knocking scared he is of heights.
Where he has made it known that no amount of money can get him on top of the higher roof.
Also where the same kid worked himself almost to the bone!!
Literally.
Where he crawled upon the roof til he had blisters on his knees.
Where those same blisters popped and wore the skin right off.
Where he kept right on working.
This is also where one of my children almost made it seven consecutive months of ER visits for our family but was able to hang on and be let down the wall by a loader. (Yes. I have another gray hair after hearing about that episode.)
Where three of the children kept busy during the holiday vacation and snow days.
Where one of our children did not keep busy at so therefore was b.o.r.e.d.
This is where upon the next snow day that bored child will be volunteering his time reading to small children.
This is where upon the next snow day that bored child will be volunteering his time reading to small children.
10 comments:
Kath,
That was so beautifully written. I so enjoyed it.
I think about your weather often when I'm complaining about ours.
Were you serious about us coming to visit? We travel with 7 dogs and a cranky horse :-)
That is one heck of a lot of snow. The bored child is in for it now! Let me guess....the youngest, right?
Must be a great place. I thought maybe there was a climbing wall...causing fear of heights (o:
That is neat that they all worked there or played?
Is it finished?
Busy busy family.
I love reading these posts where you tell about when your children were younger,
I am meditating on that snow photo in the hopes it will cool me down a bit. (Top of 40C today - which is over 100F, I think.)
A picture says a thousand words...
I can't believe my eyes... snow up the wazooooo. Thanks for posting this!! I thought the daycare was supposed to get a new playground.... did they? How exciting for lil ol' hudson to get a new community center!
It just looks so beautiful & cool there - at the moment we are having a dreadful heatwave & our a/c has decided not to work properly (too hot for it).
Anyway that hanging from the roof episode sounds scary - glad it all turned out alright.
I really didn't think people did that kind of work up there during the winter.
Seven months visiting the ER! I'd have a lot of gray hairs.
I enjoyed reading this and enjoy looking at the pictures. :)
You have us beaten in the snow department. I hope Daryl isn't having to drive in all that nasty stuff.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
We get excited and/or panicked over an inch of snow...
Wow.
Post a Comment