Remember that looong winter we just had? Where we had tons of snow? Where we could of supplied the Olympics with all the snow they needed ...plus some?
Well we wont be forgetting it any time soon! Not like that could be erased from our memories that easily anyway. Since "spring" has chosen to arrive we have had some melting and then rain on top of that. Being we had lots and lots of snow we have water sitting around e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. The snow is still piled so water cant run away. To say it lightly...IT IS A MESS!
And looks like it will be for a loong while too!
When we step off our front step we step into a lake thats surrounded by piles of "ice". We have attempted to put up landscape blocks to make a path thru it called "the river walk".
That takes care of that problem but the real prob is getting to the vehicles. It is soft slimy mud that is deep. It goes past the top of your shoes in some areas. One needs rubber boots to get from house to car!!
Tessa is doing well. Sitting for periods of time still causes pain. Standing in a store talking to her auntie for a looong time causes it too. But if she does her exercises she can get past the pain.
Since arriving home from Mayo Clinic I have not been feeling well. Headaches constantly. And just majorly dragging tail. Seth and Tessa had it too. Yesterday was the first day in a week that I felt like me!! It was great. Awesome really. So I paid bills, baked for the travelling boys, and went to the big city for groceries. Found Tessa some music to sing. And of course had to fit in some play time of "The Train game".
Our addiction to the game hasn't wavered. May actually need an intervention at some point but not yet!! I am on a roll. Even with a throbbing headache last week I won 6 out of 7 games! To be honest I can even strategize about this game in my sleep!
Or maybe its past time for an intervention?
After a week of headaches I went to the chiropractor for my head exam and because my low back feels like its ready to pop out of my body. Its been hurting for awhile but after sleeping on a couch(even tho it was a very comfy couch) for 9 days its been worse. First the kind doctor gave me a long talking to about letting it get this bad and then he tried to injury me...or so it felt! He does this crazy stretching thing where you lie on the table and he pulls your arms behind your head. Then gives you one heck of a YANK! Seriously it feels like your bottom half of your body is lying on the floor at the end of the table and your top half of your body has flew thru the doorway into the hallway. I very much dislike that adjustment! But today I woke up without a backache for the first time in.a.loong.while! I must continue with the stretches I was instructed to do even tho I swear that man means me harm!
Zach and Clark were planning on taking a road trip to the west. Zach wanted to talk to the school he wants to attend in Rapid City in the fall. Then they were going to go hang out in the hay field of ours in Wyoming! They miss Wyoming. The hay field. The cabin they built. Crazy kids!
But they didnt leave as Zach has been ill for a couple days. :) Not a fun way to spend spring break.
Over the busy busy weekend we were surprised to learn we are going to be grandparents, auntie, and uncles in the fall! Oh joy! Maria and James brought over their vacation pictures from their week in warm Phoenix. The last pages of the album were not AZ pictures but the ultrasound pics!!
We are all very excited but are still in shock! One kid around here has been waiting and waiting for a baby to join the family so he is no longer considered the baby in the family! He even has boy names picked out for the new parents-to-be! Or the child he begs us constantly to adopt. Seth is certain that he would make an awesome big brother! Instead he gets to be an awesome uncle.
I am sooo excited! Hubby just informed me that a gravel truck will be here this morning to bring some rock for our muddy muddy mess. I am hoping for mudless floors soon! Like in a few hours!! Oh yippetty skippety!
Off with me to strategize on my next Train Game move as I mop up the muddy floors. And to figure out who is going to help me rake that rock into place so I dont hurt my "new" back!
Daryl? Nope he is in dry Neveda.
Zach? He is ill.
Tessa? Out of order.
Clark? Maybe he can help after school if he doesnt have to work.
Seth? Yeah, him!! And his two buddies that are staying over tonight. They can work for their supper! (How much help do you think they will be?)
Dirk? Think a pan of Brownies will sway him with my desperate plea for help?
Maybe I can beg James to bring over a skid loader?!?!?
My ever aching back likes the last thought! And there will still be enough raking to keep us peoples busy!!
Last time we put rock down I spent an entire day levelling the rock out on our driveway. Of course, the boys helped me then too-with their Tonka trucks!!
Off to a rocky start to our weekend!
Have a good one!
9 comments:
Voting for the skid loader...!
Have those truck drivers pour that gravel as they drive down the lane. Then get one of those strapping boys of yours to drive that skid loader. Really? What did you have them for? LOL!
you were a woman that needed to blog
lots to say (o:
think on the good side...the kids aren't little...jumping in the puddles.
Do NOT do the rock work. Good grief...what are all those offspring for?? (o:
Congratulations...now you will have Grammy stories. Prepare to fall deeply in love.
Best wishes to Tessa.
You do need help... train game addicted woman (o:
I remember those muddy springs and the constant mud in the house and you know what???? I don't miss it one bit!!!! Not trying to rub it in but you did live in Washington at one time -- so surely you must know it isn't as muddy!! Ever think about moving?? Take care of yourself - the rock will still be there when Daryl gets home!!
I didn't realize that there was a Wyoming connection... I live in Wyoming.
I hope that the back and neck continue to feel better for you and that the exercises continue to ease the pain.
Congats. Oh how much fun you will have being a gramma and grandpa.
Nice how you snuck that tidbit about the baby in among all the other news. That is so exciting. We'll be having our 18th, 19th and 20th before the end of the summer and I can hardly wait to hold those new little people and cuddle them. You'll be a wonderful grandmother.
Grandchildren are what children should have been. You will enjoy the whole experience very much!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Congratulations on being a grandma once again. How exciting an event to look forward to. And it's great Tessa is doing better as well. So sorry about your headaches (:
We had a spring like you're describing two winters ago. So much snow and then a rapid melt and everywhere was a flood. We put down gravel and it just washed away. Just did it too early on. I hope everyday finds it a little warmer and drier for you.
Post a Comment