Our deck was showing its demo date the past two years. Then we had that horrible winter that was hard on everything and everybody. That just finished it off.
With the beautiful weather last week the kids and I dined out on the deck. That's when we became aware how the not so fun winter had wrecked havoc on our dear ol deck.
So......stones, wood, cement, gravel, dirt, mulch, and shrubs have been the topic for the weekend.
When Daryl is going to get this completed with his crazy schedule lately will remain to be seen. He has been doing some trucking around the country and custom farm work in WY for some neighbors! With more farm work on his agenda.
It wasn't til Daryl and I were standing in Lowe's Saturday evening getting lumber that the reality of the task ahead sunk in!! Then the short chaotic time line. Yikes.
What have we done?
Well I guess we can only go forward from here!
One step at a time.
My task this week besides pulling a trailer behind the pickup in the big city(yikes!) is to pick out shrubs, grasses, mulch, ya know....the pretty stuff.
Need help.
I think I will enjoy this new task. I need a break from all the "breaks" with the boys last week. Clark getting put in a cast. Seth finding out he has a fracture off his pelvis from his injury at the track meet.
So when I am not picking out shrubs n such this week I will be making bubble wrap clothes for those boys of mine!!
7 comments:
Home improvement projects must be started at the very last minute or they will never be done. That is a law somewhere.
Those broken boys...
what a problem that is
how can you put in a deck with everyone either woking or broken ? (o:
We tore up our front deck in the fall (looked about like the picture)...now i wonder if we will really replace it. Graduation was always a great way to get projects taken care of (o:
Good luck
Hello Kath...thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Oh boy...looks like fun but you'll be glad you did it once it's done. That's too bad about both your boys breaking that bone in their arm...never heard of that particular bone before. Hope I never do here on the farm! Good luck with the deck and the boys...yep I think I'd be making bubble wrap clothes for sure. Hope you're having a good Monday. Take care. Maura
Good luck with the deck. We are planning to put one on the back of our house but no starting date has been set yet.
We got Tessa announcement Saturday! Terry said "Let's go", but then reality set in (farming) so we won't be coming.
She sure is a cute kid! I'll get a little something in the mail to her soon.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Oh my - sounds like you've had quite an eventful week. I hope the injuries heal quickly.
Hope the deck gets done quickly as well. I know we're dreadful with getting things done around the house - it seems the farm always gets priority.
Hope you are keeping well!
Renata :)
We have a deck that needs a complete overhaul, too. Of course, it's just one of many things that need to be done around here... *sigh*
:)
Another cast!!!
Blessings,
Lacy
Post a Comment