Thursday, June 24, 2010

Neglect.......

More than just the blog has been neglected. :(
We finally made it out to the garden to give it a dose of TLC.
With all the rain we've had we only watered it once since planting.
And with all the rain and wind our grass mulch which usually works great for weed control blew/washed away. Which in turn left us with a HUGE mess to contend with.
Being it didn't rain last night and we were home so Zach, Tessa, and I dug in and got to work. It was quite the workout!!
Now on to getting the lawn mowed and re-mulching the garden!!
I love our handy antique garden cart.
We mostly use it for weeds, branches, and carrying firewood.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Good luck with all of your outside work. Will you post pictures of the results? Condo living has its advantages, but I do miss being able to have my garden.

Jane

Kath said...

I will try to do so!!

DayPhoto said...

My goodness you really have had the rain, everything looks LUSH!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Renata said...

Well done on doing your garden - I know mine needs some TLC at the moment, but it's so cold outside, that I keep finding inside jobs to do!
I also love your antique garden cart - looks great & is useful to!