The doctor told me recently that I must work on de-stressing. He is certain that has been why my back has been so painful the last month when I had been doing so well.
So I have been doing all kinds of different exercises with a physical therapist 2x a week. On my own 2x a day. Breathing exercises too. The chest stretches are so relaxing and yet quite painful too.
I have also been trying to avoid getting all stressed out at every turn too.
But, doggone it, how is one not to get stressed anyway?
How not to get stressed when ya have a not so kind doctor that hurts ya more than you already were? Dumb man.
Or another one that shows you horrible pictures in his medical encyclopedia that make you instantly search for the garbage can and turn white as a ghost in no less than 2 seconds. Hellllllo, doc!! I am not in the medical field for MANY reasons! I do think the kind doctor understood not to do that to me again unless he wants to dissect my lunch.
When not to stress when the big square baler has been "laid up" for a week getting worked on. Hay needing to be attended to. Then hubby so kindly texts you the amount of the bill upon its much welcomed return from the shop. *Had to sit down when I seen that one.*
Oh...and what about when the elevator stops and the kind lady in a back brace on it with you is relying on you to get us out of the situation? All the while I was a doing my breathing exercises as I could just FEEL the stress enveloping me!!
And what is one to do when no one responds to ringing the bell inside the elevator?? What I learned is just keep breathing!!! Deep breath in thru the nose. Exhale slowly. Pause for the count of 3. Repeat.
Push buttons and pray!!!
AND AVOID ELEVATOR #1 AT ALL COSTS!
Another thing learned recently when the three same sized young men that I live with argue about socks, gym shorts, jeans, and shirts is to get their full attention when saying "GIRLS! Enough already". Silence. Then the conversation is back to cars once again.
So the question is....what do you do for stress relief?
6 comments:
You need a holiday. Come to Australia.
Seriously, I don't have the answers on how to avoid stress. Meditation? Yoga? Tai Chi? Hide in a cave? Good luck!
I think that stress is inevitable for everyone. I may sound nut-so, but some of my patients have benefited from positive verbal self talk and relaxation breathing. Best of luck to you. You have many friends in blog land who are wishing you the best right now,
Jane
Whenever I tell my docs that I am stressed they ask me what I do for a living. I tell them that I am a librarian. Always gets a laugh out of them. Me.....not so much.
Yoga has always worked for me.
Close your eyes and chant 'this too will pass'. Don't know if it works or not but it'll take your mind off the stress-maker for a few seconds anyway. My sister gets laid up with back pain when she's stressed too. Hope things calm down for you soon.
Gosh! You need a break....a real break!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Hey I agree with Mum- me's comment!
As for avoiding stress - sorry can't help there!
Had a giggle at how you got the guys attention - will tuck that one away for when the boys are all older (& inevitably will be around the same size I'm sure).
Relax, have a quiet, stress free week
Renata:)
Post a Comment