Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Suprise........

Surprises are good....sometimes.
Like when hubby comes home at the last minute to attend to some much needed business matters....and to attend a dreaded doctor visit with you!
Daryl arrived home about 8:30 yesterday morning.
We were off with 30 minutes to spare taking care of a business matter.
Then it was time for my pt appointment while he did a parts run.
"Surprise, Daryl" said our frustrating suburban when it wouldnt start again! (THANKFULLY it finally happened to him once!)
Lunch at Taco Bell with Tessa.
Chilling out at my mom's house.
Finally time for that dang doc visit.
Waited for a looong time in the room.
The magazine in the rack front cover said- This Might Hurt.
Thankfully it didnt as this dr was a much kinder soul than last weeks dr.
I made it through the whole visit with just the beginnings of a panic attack unlike last week where I had a full blown one!!
By this time we had to be on our way home where we jumped into different clothes and were off to the funeral home for family night for my uncle.
Met up with cousins that we havent seen for awhile.
Talked too long as Daryl was needing to get going.
Got home.
Daryl left for the hayfield again.
This week I have off as Dirk is out in the WY hayfield too. The two truckers are hoping to get all the work finished up for the season. Then haul equipment back home to South Dakota and get back to work with it again!!!
I have the week off so would love to go to the cities for a few days but thats on hold for a bit.
See....not all surprises are good!
Like when our old suburban doesnt want to start!!!! So I am secretly hoping for rain so James, our favorite son-in-law/mechanic, can change the starter (Daryl thinks thats the problem) for me!! And then I will be on my way!!

5 comments:

Michele said...

I'm hoping your back feels better soon. Maybe, this week off will allow you to rest. Isn't it nice when in-laws come in handy?

Stephanie said...

Hopefully they get the vehicle working again soon :)

grammy said...

When do you just...hang out and REST?
you are such a busy gal
I guess my days were a lot more crazy when the kids were younger....ball games and music events and church happenings (o:
Hope that pesky suburban works for you

DayPhoto said...

I'm glad the visit was ever so much better. And I hope and pray you start to heal.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Renata said...

I hope you continue to improve - it's wonderful you hubby could take you to the drs.
I hate cars - I've decided that! Ours seem to be running tag team with something wrong with one or the other constantly.
Hope you do get your city trip in
Renata:)