Recently Seth bought himself a car. Its a 1980-something Mazda-something. Very good condition. A car that should not be driven other than to car shows- or so I hear.
Well said car was sitting outside instead of in the garage like it is suppose to be.
When Dirk called me to tell me that there was tennis ball size hail headed our way I knew that car must be put indoors.
This car has a manual transmission. It has a stick shift that I said I would never drive again. Unfriendly things those stick shifts are!
I got the car in the garage with only choking it twice. And causing it to reek of gas...oops!.....but it was indoors out of harms way before the boy called from school. Begging me to get it put away for him. " I know you wont drive it but .....can you get it in the garage...somehow?"
"I have it tucked away already."
"You do???"
"How?"
" I did it. Only choked it twice."
"YOU know HOW to drive a manual?"
"Yes. I know how. I just refuse to drive them."
" Oooooh."
And just like that I scored a "Mom point". Tho I am sure he checked that car over inch by inch by inch to make sure I didnt wreck anything!!! :)
I was feeling good about the accomplishment knowing how much I dread driving such a vehicle. And for remembering how after refusing to do so for the past 24 years!!
So when watching the lady on Amazing Race struggle with a manual I could sympathize. But also pat myself on the back too!!
Tho in her defense she was out in traffic(been there-struggled through that) and I only had to drive the car 20 some feet!!
Hope you all have a great day!
6 comments:
Wow! Look at all that water. I haven't seen floods like that in a long time.
I learnt to drive in a manual and drove one for the first 20 years. But we've switched to automatics these past few years and I am worried I'll never remember how to drive a stick shift if I need to! I am hoping it's a bit like riding a bike.
So that is where all the rain went...not here for sure
Way to go Mom (o:
I remember driving a stick shift...ohhh the hill thing...
hated it
Love the pic of your 'Twins'
Sometimes its a good idea to keep such talents under wraps. Now they won't hesitate to ask you to do some 'manual' driving!
I watched that episode too and had the utmost sympathy for her. I couldn't shift if my life depended on it so you are a GREAT mom. Wow, the pictures of your rain are something. We've been unusually dry here.
Wow! That was some rain! And good for you!!!!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I struggle with a manual transmission too. I can drive it sort of... I really hate to though!!
Post a Comment