Friday, November 19, 2010

Tears.....

After a bad day in the office I shut down the computer and left.
Didnt have time to make a scrumptious home cooked meal for the corn field working guys but they were ok with that. Fast food is very alright with these two! Its happened only a few times this fall.
Yesterdays job in the field was to haul cornstalk bales off the fields.

A job the boys really enjoyed.


After all the hours and hours of raking and repairs they were able to join in on the fun too.
I had an enjoyable evening away from the computer but yet there were things I wish I didnt see.
Like my youngest jump into Daryl's big semi and take off like a pro across the cornfield.
Couldn't.believe.my.eyes!
When did he start driving the semi-if only in a cornfield?? (Yesterday)
When Clark jumped in the suburban with me I was choked up with tears!
Oh dear. All this growing up stuff I think has gotten to me.
I dont think those cute dainty little mother-of-the bride handkerchiefs will be adequate enough on December 18 at 12:18pm.
I just may have to borrow one of Baby Ian's sturdy burp cloths on that day.
Lil mama...pack an extra one for grandma!!!

7 comments:

DayPhoto said...

They do grow up. And you will be glad, grand children are just as much fun.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Pat MacKenzie said...

Remember when you thought they'd never grow up, or be potty trained, or go to school by themselves? We all shed tears when we see evidence of our job well done. Congratulations Mama!

Michele said...

At least you've got Ian to snuggle with when you need baby time and big rags to cry into.

Wow, I sound pitiful when I say that. Didn't quite mean it that way. Oh who am I kidding, I am pitiful. My kids are being selfish. Instead of concentrating on their careers they should be busy giving me grandchildren. Right? :)

D said...

:) I should have had a burp cloth for my oldest daughter's wedding too. good idea

grammy said...

They do have a way of growing up
it hits you at the oddest moments (o:
best be prepared...
best wishes for the Holiday season....and wedding (o:

Corky and Kay said...

Somedays.....things hit you and you just sit and cry. Have been having a few of them days myself lately. Just enjoy the memories and pick yourself up and dust yourself off and know that everything will be good in the long run.Big hugs.Have a Blessed Day.

Renata said...

I know the time has flown with my 4 - I'll blink next & it will be one of my boys driving the tractor (well not too soon I hope!)
Hope you are going well & have a lovely day
Renata:)