Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Big Reveal.......

Bet you thought I was going to show you the newly painted bedroom.

Sorry. I'm not.

Yet.

But I am sharing some paint with ya!

While I had ripped apart the bedroom to do its makeover Daryl, Zach, Clark, and Seth had ripped apart Daryl's favorite tractor, Big Red.

We all love the ol' dear.

Big Red has been on the blog many times. It has accomplished many things in the 3 years we have owned it. Baling. Stacking. Plowing. Disking. Drilling. Packing.

Oh and let's not forget.....

Another feat it accomplished with its wacky owner(Daryl) is drive the 400 odd miles trek from eastern South Dakota to eastern Wyoming.

Yeah. People still cock a crazy eyebrow at him when they remember the story.

Since that trek it has made a couple more treks the same route being carried upon a semi trailer tho. Speaking for Big Red here but I am sure that tractor heaves out a huge sigh of relief when it sees the trailer in sight upon hearing Daryl utter the word transport. Just saying. IF tractors could think anyway.

When Daryl was driving that 20 hour 400-plus-mile trek he had too much time to make a plan. He at that time planned to give the big ol' dear a facelift.

New paint as it was very faded and chipped.

Of course he had to wait for the resident professional painter, Zach, to get out of school.
Then Daryl had to wait for the shop to open up as the pro painter took on a few jobs.


Painting a friend's Cavalier. Another tractor. And who knows what else. I cant keep up with all.

FINALLY the day came that it was Big Red's turn for its makeover.
Now it has bright paint.
New decals.
And a new interior.

TA DA!!


Big Red is ready to hit the fields and get dirty.

Which it will be doing on Tuesday. Daryl has some spring maintainence work to do on our fields and custom work for the neighbors to get started on.

I thought about joining him out there but I have another very busy week planned. And I will not be picking up a paintbrush!

5 comments:

grammy said...

What a good looking tractor (o:
My Father in law was a body and fender man...whatever you call it...that included lots of painting. Surprised he still has good lungs...I am not sure how safe it was back in the day.
Then there is my husband,,,,who always has some kind of project up his sleeve...or grease on his sleeve is more true.

Maria said...

I can't wait til I have a pink motorcycle...cuz that means I know how to ride! James said I can have it painted once I know if I want to keep riding or not...EEK!

DayPhoto said...

WOW! Great job! Well Done!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

O Big Red looks mighty, mighty fine there! Hope it runs as good as it looks for it is set up for alot of work! Did you get a new seat or redo the other one with new cushions? Might need it!!!!

Renata said...

Hi Cath
It looks wonderful - maybe we should give Old Blue a makeover as well! Hope you are keeping well & I look forward in catching up on all you've been doing!
Have a great day
Renata:)