There should be a sticker that they hand out at the computer repair shop that reads " I SURVIVED".
I recently purchased Zach's laptop that he had purchased from Dirk. That Dirk had purchased when he went to college. I can still remember his excitement when he received the prized possession that he had ordered.
I thought it was a very grand laptop and that he did very well with his choices. So when it was offered to me I took the bait and bought it from Zach. It was a well treated laptop. And of all the laptops I have tried this is the only one I like to use.
Being it is a few years old it needed some maintenance done on it and lots of viruses removed.
So to the shop it went. Though we still had the main office computer to use it still felt like something was "missing" in my life.
It was a very happy moment when the call came to pick up the baby. But yet very bittersweet as the office computer needed to have an operation too!!! Desperately in need.
So while I ran to retrieve the beloved laptop I was also bringing my ever more so beloved office computer in.
I felt the tug on my heart strings upon leaving the poor dear on that cold counter all alone. I mean the poor thing and I have been connected for the past year for 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week!! How could I leave it to be operated on?
But we mothers do whats best for our "baby" ...even if it isnt always very comfortable. Sometimes downright painful. We still forge ahead and do what has to be done.
So I did it.
So far I have survived it.
Any minute now the phone call should come that the lil dear is all whole again.
And then I will be out the door in a flash!!
4 comments:
You are a brave woman. Bert works on mine when ever they are down so it very seldom has to leave but it is bad enough when I can't touch it for the few days he works his magic on it. Good Luck
I rarely take our computers in to the shop. I work on it myself. I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. It still works so that has to be saying something. Hope you get the old gal back soon.
She really was a mess...Mom...not the computer. We went for lunch and she was almost crying...a little in panic mode! It's ok though...we love her!!
you funny girl (o:
It is hard to live without our conveniences.
I am surprised you even blog after being on the computer for work so much. Hope you have your baby back now.
Post a Comment