One year ago on May 10 we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.
Daryl and I had planned, or so I thought, to have a nice evening out on the town alone.
As the day rained and rained I wanted to head out earlier than we had scheduled to get some graduation things.
But Daryl was the busiest little bee there was on the computer and was determined to leave at the time we had set the day prior.
About 10 minutes before we were to leave in walks the older kids. And down the stairs come the school kids changed into different clothes.
Everyone was looking at each other wondering what was going on. Daryl all of a sudden wasnt planted at the computer anymore but looking out all the windows. Searching thru the pouring rain for something to appear.
I am asking one hundred questions and getting the same answer from everyone. "I was told to be here at 5:45pm. Dress nice. Do not be late.".
Hmmm....
Nothing happened.
Nothing happened.
Still nothing.
Daryl got on the phone.
Now he has a grin on his face and told us all to just be patient.
We all are having a good time chatting it up waiting for what Daryl has up his sleeve to appear in the rain.
I decide to go into the other room for something quick when I hear a ROAR erupt. I came running out of the room to see all the kids screaming and hollering as they trample each other to get out the door.
And there it was....the long awaited chariot. It was 45 minutes late because of whoever designed gps hasn't a clue where our tiny forgotten town is and sends people to two different towns before getting here.
Daryl had asked James' mom to meet us at Falls Park where we had our engagement pictures taken to take family pictures. Pictures had to be inside as the entire evening it poured down rain.
It was a very grand evening surrounded by lots of love and laughter.
Thanks to Daryl for such a memorable evening for us all!!!
Love him muches.
***I promised my sister, Brenda that lives in WA, last year that I would share pictures of our grand night out on the town. But last year was crazy and I just never got around to it.
So here it is a year later and still the fondest of all memories.
8 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY DAY!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Congratulations on your upcoming anniverary and the fond memories of a surprised special 25th anniverary day! Image that you had a another surprise pulled on you. I still think that your 40th birthday surprise was the BEST! Boy did we get you!!!BKS
My 40th bday was the BEST. You all did VERY well surprising me.
WHat a lovely surprise! Even with the rainy weather it must have made you feel very special and loved!
I am very impressed with your hubby! (o:
that was cool to have the whole family involved. To bad it rained...but seems like it didn't matter...fun was had by all (o: Love it.
Happy almost annv.
We still need to collect on the family pic James' mom was going to take :o) Happy Anniversary on Tuesday!! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Better late than never. What a lovely anniversary surprise. You were married on my birthday...a great day in May.
All I can say is WOW!!!! What a surprise and a fabulous one too. Happy anniversary and many more!
Post a Comment