Monday, December 10, 2012

My New Job.......

 
There have been some big changes in our life this fall.
Its amazing what one phone call can do to uproot all your plans. But I think as time ticked along and things took shape - it will all work out well in the end.
 
One of the big deals is we purchased a foreclosed home in the big city.
Now that the farming is done for the year Daryl has once again transitioned from "farmer" to "trucker". Thats leaves me with plenty of time on my hands (as I no longer dispatch) to tear apart an outdated house!!

Daryl will work on the house when he is not trucking. He should have more time at home this winter as he is sharing a trailer with another trucker.

We have our work cut out for us thats for sure!

 
Clark has been a big help to me as he is in the big city doing the first of his "8 weeks on the job" for his diesel mechanic training. I will miss his help when he heads back up to college in January for 8 weeks in the classroom once again.

 


Anyone want this gem?

With the removal of the cabinets some wallpaper was unearthed.

This is the plug your nose zone.
Your curiosity wishes the walls could speak. But then again...NOT.
This week the carpets will be making their exit.
An elderly concerned neighbor stopped by the other day. He enlightened me about the past tenants. Very interesting.
But he was really hoping I could tell him more about them.
And was quite relieved that we were not related to any of the half dozen or so hoodlums that stashed themselves in here.
 
I am looking forward to the day that this house's transformation is complete. And its looking like it deserves to.
 
Then the  decision will have been made.......are we selling it or moving in?
 

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I kind of love the time capsule kitchen! :) I hope you save some of the wallpaper to frame. What a fun project! I grew up helping my family remodel homes, so I'm a little jealous of all the fun you'll have transforming this house.

P.S. I love the photo of your Christmas goodies!

Michele said...

Love the found wallpaper. We could be twins. I love tearing apart and rebuilding houses.

Terry and Linda said...

So are you ??????????????????

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

D said...

When we were moving & looking to buy houses here, I can't tell you how many of the "in the wall stoves" we saw. It was a deal killer every time. U G L Y