Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaccccckkkk!!!!

Hello, Bloggy World! I intended to be on here months agao!!! Sure have missed you all!! I have kept up on your blogs via my phone but have been unable to comment. :( With LOTS of great peoples help our move went smooth!! Cant thank them enough!! We are enjoying living in the city alot. After weeks of enjoying living on the prairie while working in Wyoming and central South Dakota it is great to be home. Only having to drive blocks instead of miles and miles to get groceries, etc. Its been great settling in to our new life. Its a nice balance of "country" and "city" life!! Tho this summer I have not been getting much country life. In June I hemorraghed and ended up doctoring with that. Tomorrow my surgery day finally arrives. Hysterectomy was the only answer after hemmorraging second month too. Ultrasound favored it too. No band-aid fixes would work with this worn out uterus!!! Six kids doing jumping jacks in there just did it in! So after nonstop working in the hayfields weeks on end with no break Daryl's "break" is taking care of me!! Bet he will be anxious to get back to the alfalfa!! Clark was able to help for a few weeks this summer after all. He had a few weeks break from summer school til fall classes. Daryl and Seth enjoyed his help, grilling expertise, new learned welding skills, and his ever present witty humor(well....most of the time!). I really really wanted to spend those weeks in WY too but kept close to home instead. But Clark's girlfriend, Brooke, drove the 500 miles by herself to surprise him for their 1 1/2 year anniversary weekend! Sweet, huh? Between doctor appointments I did make it to WY to see the guys for a long weekend. Took an ill Seth home with me. Another sappy tale. Take a moment to grab a tissue. In June is Seth's birthday. Its also his girlfriend, Shania's, bday month. So before we headed west to get to work the two of them spent a day celebrating Seth's bday. Tears were shed at the end of the date as the departure loomed near. *sob* The day before Shania's bday Zach had to bring our semi to us in WY as he had been using it. It had rained a bit in WY so we met up with Zach and sent Seth home with him to surprise Shania for her bday. *sniff* *sniff* Then Seth had to make another solo trip west to get back to work! We thought our new-to-us pickup(that went home to its garage!) looked out of sorts in a WY hayfield. Well his blacked-out car looked VERY out of place there!! Keep the tissues nearby. The South Dakota summer heat advisories were too much for our beloved pup, Tubby. His beautiful black coat and having to be in HIS beloved pickup all.the.time. didnt turned out well for him. He is deeply missed. Every day. Every day. On that sad note I must go pack an overnight bag for my mini vacation to the hospital tomorrow. Oh fun! Not. Glad to have internet once again. And not to have to run to the nearest grocery store to send off faxes. The cable isn't bad either. After 10 days on complete bedrest with no tv or sketchy stations it will be an awesome treat!!! Til Next Time, Kath

5 comments:

Jamie G said...

Welcome back!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sis! take care of yourself and let others do the running and cater to you. I know you want to do it yourself but just give to over and enjoy the rest and hopefully the pain is tolerateable and you recover soon.

D said...

Missed you & take advantage of the hospital care and get some rest. (just don't eat the food, it's gross)

Terry and Linda said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your DOG! Gosh life is bleak without a dog. Will you get another one?

♬♬♬
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Mum-me said...

Sorry I missed this post about your operation. I have just had the same. And it was the same reason - 6 kids made for a too-worn-out uterus which had to go. I'm glad you're recovering well, but it is slow going, isn't it?