Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Out Like a Lion.........


March came in like a lamb so it went out like a lion!
March 1st seems so long ago.
I guess when you are counting the days til spring and searching for any signs of it the days tend to seem long.
On March 1st we actually had roads that were clear of ice and the temp was livable.
Yesterday the roads were piled with slush.
And these are the pics I got of it.


This is the neighbor's pretty snow laden evergreen tree.
It was quite beautiful.


This is a tree of ours that was really beautiful too all heavy with snow.



Another gorgeous heavy snow laden tree.

And this is the kids headed to the bus stop.
They took the 4 x 4 three blocks.
They had to!
Really!

This is no April Fools.
I had to go to the local post office to get the mail.
Ya know the same PO that you cant sneeze in.
Well, there was so much water that was standing there cuz of the 6" of slush that was holding it there so it could not get to the drains.
I took a minute to comtemplate how I was ever going to get to the sidewalk without getting my shoes wet.
There was no possible way.
I thought I had a path planned out but.............
The water went over the top of my shoes!
Yep. Totally drenched them.
I felt like I was 4 years old.
OnlyI did NOT want to play in the puddle.
That was some cold water.


I am not sure where the saying of "March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb" or vice versa comes from.
But there is truth to it.
Last year on Dirk's b-day March 1st. we had a bad blizzard so even college was canceled for the day.
He was stoked!!
And then we had awesome spring weather at the end of the month.

I wish there was this kind of snowstorms all winter here.
No high winds and frigid low temps.
Just lots of snow that melts away within days.
My kind of winter.
Oh wait but its SPRING!...................


1 comment:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I truely hope spring will be coming very soon for you all. Enough is enough.
Those last storms that pop up in the begin of spring can really be depressing.