Daryl has this and has very much passed it on to Zach. Dirk too. Clark and Seth we will see if it attacks them. Too much pull so I doubt they will be able to withstand it. After all it runs in those Boomers kinda like football.
A couple vehicles that Daryl has had a terrible time selling are two black Peterbilts. One a 1984 and the other 1986. Both were cool trucks with the old push button (Corvette) dashboards. But they both went thru fuel and oil like they had leaks.
Another one that Daryl will never part with is his '76 Nova SS that he got when he was 14 years old. At the time he had the paint redone on it. Well thats been 26 years ago and the paint started to bubble a few years after that.
So as of this week it is going to school with Zach (collision repair at Tech) to get a makeover. This time Daryl purchased new fenders for it among many other things. Zach gets to learn the trade AND gets to apply it to his daddy's beloved Nova. Of course, Daryl fully trusts Zach's abilities as Zach restored a '71 Chevy pickup when he was 15 yrs old. So we are excited to see the remake of the Nova but also to see all Zach will be learning during the process.
Zach with his orange pearl '71 truck
My first car (asked by CindyDianne) was old but not cool at all. It was a huge boat of a car- a navy blue 1978 Oldmobile Delta 88. I could barely afford to drive the thing as it ate up gas so bad. But it was reliable.
Random pic not original car
See I go for reliable and not cool unless you're talking those new HHR's. In burnt orange? Now we're talking Boomer language. Of course, the Boomers dont care for MY choice in cars.
6 comments:
Thanks for stopping by. I had to go back thru your blog to remember who 'Kath' was...lol...When I came to your son all dressed up with a cast on his arm, I started to remember (O: And the Peterbuilt..I may have spelled that wrong because just because my man is a truck and car man, I still don't speak the language. (I see you do though) I am sur we owned a white delta olds 88...not sure of the year. That is the one my 17 year old son wrecked while I was on the same road as him and saw his wreck on the side of the road. Not good. He was ok, but it aged me YEARS. That same son loves to sing and was always in Honor choir. He sang solos too, but said it 'cost him to much' because he got so nerveous and sick ahead of time. Funny!
Terry says he collects rust. If it isn't old it isn't good. Now that I am ALMOST 60 it is good he like rust! ha
Reading your other posts about bad decisions, I must say there probably isn't a person among us who hasn't made a decision that has been life altering. They are the most damaging, hardest to repair, and the biggest teachers of what is valuable and what isn't.
I never pass a big trucker travling along our highways that I don't send a little prayer to keep those guys and gals safe.
It is nice getting to know you.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
oh by the way....it is Corvette...not corvet...just sayin. haha.
Dirk
I copied your fathers spelling off a text. Oops! Corvette it is- now it makes sense.
That made me laugh - the bit when your wrote that your guys will roll down the window to hear a cool car. Because my HB rolls down the window to hear cool cars and any type of motorcycle (bigger than a 250cc) that he sees. He listens intently until it's off in the distance, and then he lets out a wistful kind of sigh. Oh, and no one is allowed to speak while he is listening to his fantasy sound.
That made me laugh - the bit when your wrote that your guys will roll down the window to hear a cool car. Because my HB rolls down the window to hear cool cars and any type of motorcycle (bigger than a 250cc) that he sees. He listens intently until it's off in the distance, and then he lets out a wistful kind of sigh. Oh, and no one is allowed to speak while he is listening to his fantasy sound.
Post a Comment