We didnt have as good of luck as we usually do.
I came home with towels, wooden spoons, spatulas, ice trays, and bakers rack for the cabin-to-be in WY.
I will store all the goods in the tubs that I also found on sales.
Cooler is for WY, too. As is the lightweight long sleeve shirts for the field. Remember we have no shade out there so can get very sunburnt too.
Two boxes of rags are for the shop.
Only bought one pair of shorts for Daryl. Last year I bought 24 pairs of the boys!!!
A comforter for Seth's bed. Some sheets too.
NINE dozen hangers. Why 9 dozen? Cuz they keep missing out of my home!!!! I will not mention names here on who the TWO main culprits are!!! Is there a third one too??
I was able to get some nice decor items for my mom's house. She ended up with a nice tree that fits perfectly in its spot and looks great. And some greenery that will go in the niche that still needs decorating.
I had to break away from the sales to take Zach to the lab to have his blood drawn for our visit back to Mayo Clinic next week. Take off time from the sales or go to Mayo a day early just to have blood drawn?? Dont want to spend any extra time at Mayo than absolutely necessary. After our 3 1/2 hours of phone calls to Mayo, faxes, going to 3 different Labs, and lots of waiting we were finally able to get it taken care of.
We so hope that the blood gets to the right place in Rochester today so we dont have to stay an extra day next week. (Better pack for it just in case.)
Now we know where we need to go. The Lab knows who needs to be contacted for the next round. Whew!
Zach has been doing well. Thanks for asking!! He went off his pain pills as they were making him very loopy. He "seen" Daryl and I standing in his apartment when we were not even there so decided that was enough of them nasty things. He is very sensitive to meds so they kind of work double duty on him!! So he is just getting through it without any pain meds. Says the zinging weird pain is much better than the hallucinations.
His biggest complaint about it all is that he cant drive. Zach is a "driver". Loves to drive and spend time with his vehicle. Hopefully that will be given back to him soon.
His biggest complaint about it all is that he cant drive. Zach is a "driver". Loves to drive and spend time with his vehicle. Hopefully that will be given back to him soon.
His roommate goes to the same school/classes that he does so that is a huge help. And my mom has been a huge help too carting him to and from classes and work when need be. We live 45 miles away so are VERY thankful for all their help.
I have a very busy schedule the next couple days. It involves tractor driving, laundry, wedding plans, tractor parts, Prom, dining out w/ Maria's future in laws, house cleaning, and manure!!!
5 comments:
Do you have garage sales on Wednesdays? Ours are Fri and sat. I kind if put off going....because I know I will be hooked once I start. It is bad. Really hooked (o: Glad Zach is doing better. Stay off those nasty pain pills. You have a huge list of things going up...made me laugh that it ended with manure.
You only go garage shopping once a year! One of our favorite Arizona discoveries is Estate Sales in sun City - Wow! We got a lot of furniture for our home down there from garage and estate sales.
And yes, it is nice, now that the kids have all left home, to be able to live for ourselves (sort of) and do some of the travelling we willingly missed out on when the kids were home. Hang in there - your time will come. I always miss the grandkids when we go away though.
A lady that I work with at Java City went the the rummage sales there too. She gets a hotel room so she can be there for two days, so you are not alone on the love of the sales.
Sounds like you will have a very exciting summer, I know I'm ready for it to be here.
Our yard sales are always on the weekend. I would love to go, but I never seem to find time. Sigh.
We will be planting alafala next week if everything goes alright.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
You make me tired, girl. Glad you had good luck at the sales and also that Zach is doing OK.
Post a Comment