Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Etc.......

More moments of our summer in Wyoming.
Hail and rain storm. Hail from the storm. We were working in the cabin at the time. Metal roof and hail....deafening.

Mud puddles + quad = happy boy

The girl in action with itchy insulation.
Wonder if she knew this is what she signed up for when she took on the summer job?

Zach admiring his work.

He was part of it all this summer. Disking, planting, packing, cutting, and baling. And he did a great job.

Fueling up the swather and taking turns in the hot thing.

The farm girl taking pics for her blog. The one she forgets she has.

The road to town. Beautiful.

We even took a drive in those hills.

View from the porch. Got hay. Need buyers.

Catching up on the latest.

You have to have lots of time on your hands and patience to fuel up the tractors. The pump is sooooo slow. Seth stepped up to the job quite often.

8 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

It's so incredibly beautiful there. Just breathtakingly gorgeous and so deserted which I love. I need hay but I think Vermont is a long way to send hay.
Oh, I envy you your farm even though I love ours.

Anonymous said...

oh good... i can blame you for the winter weather you sent us yonder :)

we could send Mountain Woman some hay... but alas we're here in montana!!!

blessings all
gp

DayPhoto said...

Ahhhh the lovely memories we have of your beautiful place.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Michele said...

Black eyed Susans.....my favorite!

grammy said...

Great pics. Your daughter is so tan and pretty. Hope she is being careful of the sun (o:
My other fav picture is of the road to town. Love it.

Mum-me said...

The photos are wonderful, and the flowers are gorgeous. What a beautiful place (apart form the hail.)

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I can see why everyone loves it out there. Bet it is very peaceful when you aren't working like crazy.

Pat MacKenzie said...

You have such great pictures Kath. Do you keep them digital or do you print them for scrapbooking?