Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A New Love......

We planted Spaghetti Squash in the garden this year.
Then just as a couple good sized squash were about ready to pick I left for WY for a few weeks.

I was saddened upon my return to see someone had enjoyed the squash I was so excited about. I am not sure which one of the "pickers" of the garden did so but.....lucky them!


We ate what was left of the crop. Our first time ever having spaghetti squash. It was sooo good. And easy to grow. Easy to cook. It was so easy to eat it all up!! Easy clean up too.

Wash. Cut squash lengthwise.
Clean out seeds.
Poke with a fork.
Lay squash on baking sheet with flesh up.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Shake on garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
Turn flesh side down.
Pop into 400* oven.
Bake for 45 min. or til the done.
Scrape with fork to test tenderness.
When it scrapes out easy.....plate it up!
Top with favorite spaghetti sauce.
Enjoy!

Teens gave it a score.
Seth gave it a 7.
Clark the "non-spaghetti eater" gave it a 5.
Tessa liked it too so gave it an 8.

7 comments:

Mum-me said...

When I was a new mother I remember buying spaghetti squash in our supermarkets, but I haven't seen one for years now. We liked it!

Corky and Kay said...

Corky is big spaghetti eater. wonder if he would notice it was not real noodles. I cut up zucchini once in salad instead of cucumber. He ate it and then said that was sure different texture. So now he watches me like a hawk. He didn't die from eating it. So what's the problem, right?

grammy said...

i love squash, but never tried that one. Now I want to buy some and try it (o: Liked the update on wedding pics.
I guess we were like truck drivers...but i don't think they are suppose to drive that many hours are they?

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Sounds good even to a not so-veggie-lover as I. But I'm getting better. Someone told me that the only reason a person does not like veggies is cuz they have not had them cooked right. I think she was right.

DayPhoto said...

I've wondered about this squash but never tried it. Maybe I will now!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Pat MacKenzie said...

I've never tried spaghetti squash either. I love acorn squash though.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I've never had spaghetti squash before but it sure looks wonderful.