Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Payback And Times About Up.......

I have attempted to teach my children to cook. Some of them have used the examples I have given them. Some have not.
Well last night proved that teaching them to cook is not always the best thing!!! Mister I.Dont.Like.Peppers decided he would cook and make sure there were no hidden vegetables in his dinner again. So he made us this!!
Nice payback for me!!! I got yummy food and didnt have to cook!!
So if I keep our meals stuffed full of peppers will that keep giving me a "meal making pass"??? At what point is the kid going to catch on to his mama's ways?
About the spinach in the quesadillas. I have found that "hiding" fresh spinach is pretty easy. The kids never complain about it. The fresh spinach doesnt seem to give any odd flavor off like the slimy stuff in a can.
On Sunday I made a Chicken Spinach Zucchini crusted pizza. We used handfulls of spinach on it and it was AWESOME!! I regret not taking pics and sharing!! : ( But we were too busy enjoying it!! : )
So go ahead and hide some spinach!!
Tonight at 6pm the giveaway will be closed up!!!! We will do the old-fashioned-pick-out-of-a-hat drawing. And the lucky winner will be announced tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

DayPhoto said...

That kid is a great chef! Our son Evan loves to cook and to grill. He is very, very good.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Dana said...

My son picks out the tomatos and onions too.

grammy said...

He likes chile the way my husband does. Plain!!! If I use a can of tomatoes he picks. Over the years he has got a little better (o: I think it may have been worth it to get your dinner cooked (o:

Corky and Kay said...

Corky when we first was married would only eat corn. I said when we have kids you are eating all the veggies. Or they won't.Now he likes it all mostly except squash or zucchini.Does not like spinach or cooked cabbage. And never cook liver in his house. I love it all. I sneak stuff in to. They never know huh. hahahaaha