Friday, July 30, 2010

A Corny Post.....

Corn.
Corn factory.
Got corn?
We do!
The recipe I always use-
16 cups corn
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 c cream or evaporated milk
1 T. salt
Bring to boil. Turn down heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Cool.
Pack in containers.
Freeze.
This is the absolute best corn ever!! Well for processed corn that is. Straight off the cob is the best!
Corn is one of those foods that I am extremely picky with. I do not like corn in anything. Soups,salads, hotdishes. No way.
I will not eat the cream style mush out of a can.
But this cream style corn is awesome!!!
Cant get enough of it.
Or so I thought til we did two days of the stuff!
**In case you were wondering...My back has been improving with physical therapy twice a week.
Lifting is still a no-no. And will be for some time according to doctors. :(
But I am back to being mobile without pain or that horrible "pinching" that was going on.
Thats after only 2 weeks of therapy on it...can you imagine how I will feel by the end of therapy in another 4 weeks??
Should be just like new again!**

6 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Oh, good! Thanks for the recipe, I keep looking for a good creamed corn recipe and haven't liked what I've found.

Now I have yours!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

grammy said...

so glad you are feeling better
That looks like a lot of work
but oh fresh corn is so yummy (o:

Jane said...

Glad you are feeling better! Here's hoping that your improvement continues!

Jane

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Corn is my favorite. The only veggie I would eat as a kid.

Glad to hear your back is improving.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Looks and sounds delicious. Unlike you I love corn in anything and everything. Glad the back is improving.

Renata said...

Glad your back is getting better! That corn recipe sounds delicious - thanks for sharing it!
Renata:)