With the chilly weather we have been having the kids have been asking for chili.
So yesterday, a warmer and muggier day, Clark made a big pot of it.
And I made biscuits to go with it.

Over the years I have made this recipe a few times.
It even works well with tapioca, potato, and rice flours mix.
Tho being the gluten-free kid was not home for lunch we made them with regular ol' white bleached out goodness flour.
We also tweaked the recipe a bit.
Scrumptiousness pursued.
Oh. My.
Replacing half of the butter with cream cheese w fresh garlic ......what a party that was!!

4 c. flour
6 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. butter
(OR 1/2 c. butter and 1/2 c. cream cheese w fresh garlic)
1 1/2 c. milk
2/3 c. chives
Mix all the dry ingredients together.
Mix all the dry ingredients together.
Drop in butter, and cream cheese, cheese, and chives.
Slowly mix while slowly pouring in milk.
Mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
The dough is sticky so I just drop them on the pan.
Plop into a 400* oven for about 15 min.
Seth's quote says it best-" There is a party going on in my mouth right now".
Made with the cream cheese w garlic these biscuits were lighter and fluffier and yummier. And would pair well with many soups.
Enjoy!
6 comments:
Hola,
I could imagine how delicious these biscuits were . We love chili at home too, so I'll see if I get all the ingredients to make these biscuits.
Have a blessed week :)
I love cheese biscuits! Great call on the swap. I'll try them out this weekend.
Oh it sounds too yummy! I'm copying this recipe now!
I love baking powder biscuits so will try your variations next time. The cream cheese/garlic sounds like a hit.
oh YUM!!
YUM! This sounds delicious & especially with the cream cheese & garlic!
Post a Comment