Friday, May 20, 2011

Put On The Shades And Read On......

Maria painted these beautiful stripes in her and Tessa's bedroom many years ago.
When Tessa moved off to school/got married then Zach moved in the striped room.
He is all about creativity but pink, red stripes were not his thing.
But knowing these adult children move back home for a bit then they are off to another destination soon enough I would not let him paint it.
When Zach moved on Seth wanted this room.
And the stripes sadly had to go.
Their time was up.
And Seth finally had a plan.

So Clark let his creativity flow and vamped up the room for him.
Bye bye, beautiful stripes.

Hello, wackiness!
For a boy that likes the Broncos and Texas Longhorns the room had to be orange!
With grey on the bottom portion. He LOVES it.
We like it.
Its all good.

One more bedroom to go but it will have to wait as there is too much homework, vacation, and then off to the hayfield. Hopefully it will get done before school starts in the fall.

3 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

Maria's stripes were beautiful - what a shame to paint over them. But boys need their own style too I guess. The orange and gray turned out very nice. It's fun to do creative things with paint isn't it. Good job!

grammy said...

Looks great. A lot of work I am sure...but if the boys did it....all is well. The stripes were very cool too.

Renata said...

OH wow - that looks very unique & I'm sure all my boys would love it! (I myself prefer the stripes, but then I am female :) )